2024 Chevy Equinox EV
The Equinox is Chevrolet’s best-selling SUV, and when it debuts as an all-new model in 2024, it will be offered with a 100%-electric powertrain. Although there’s still a lot that we don’t know about the 2024 Chevy Equinox EV, we know that drivers from Indianapolis to Westfield are waiting on the edges of their seats for more details. Below, we’ve covered everything that we know so far, and if you’d like to be kept in the loop, all you have to do is let us know!
2024 Chevy Equinox EV Design
The 2024 Chevy Equinox EV will be based on an all-new platform, and although it will share a nameplate with the Equinox that Indianapolis drivers know and love, it has been redesigned from the ground up. Here’s what we’ve been able to glean from previews and photos:
- Compared to the outgoing Equinox, the 2024 Equinox EV has a much more sculpted frame and a more athletic stance. The door handles are flush with the exterior; it’s likely that they’ll pop out to meet you when you approach with your key fob.
- The new Equinox EV has a single slim LED light bar that runs across the entire length of the hood, as well as two lower headlights that sit just beneath the bowtie. It has no traditional grille.
- In a promotional video released by Chevrolet, we can see simulated images of the vehicle’s interior. Among the notable features, we encounter ambient interior lighting, two large touchscreens (one for infotainment, one for the gauges), and an impressive amount of storage space beneath the floating center console. The infotainment touchscreen is tilted slightly toward the driver, and it sits very close to the digital gauge display, creating a unified look and feel.
2024 Chevy Equinox EV Specs
At the time of this writing, no official 2024 Chevy Equinox EV specs have been released—but experts, like those at Car & Driver, have offered a little bit of useful speculation:
- It’s likely that the Chevy Equinox EV will offer all-wheel drive, which means that it will be available with at least two electric motors.
- There’s no telling how much horsepower or torque will be offered by the new Chevy Equinox EV, but it’s reasonable to expect that this larger EV will have more power than the 200-hp Bolt EV.
- The industry increasingly uses a 300-mile benchmark when assessing the range offered by electric vehicles, and we expect the Equinox EV to meet or beat this baseline.
If you’d like to learn more about what Chevrolet EVs can do when the chips are down, check out our preview of the 2024 Silverado EV today.
What is the Chevy Equinox EV Release Date?
There will be at least two 2024 Chevy Equinox EV release dates: the 2024 Equinox EV RS will become available in the fall of 2023. The entry-level model, the 2024 Equinox EV LT, will join the market at a later time.
What is the Chevy Equinox EV Price?
By bringing their most popular model into the world of 100%-electric vehicles, Chevrolet is making a big step toward one of the most important tasks of our time: making EVs available to everyone! Chevrolet has said that the 2024 Equinox EV LT will start at close to $30,000 MSRP. In other words, the Equinox EV could be the single most accessible EV that the brand has offered so far!
The RS model—which will reach Carmel and Noblesville drivers first—could start closer to $40,000. Additional trim levels, with lower or higher price tags, may become available later on.
Get the Latest Equinox Updates with Penske Chevrolet!
If you like what you’ve seen in our overview of the 2024 Chevy Equinox EV, we’d love to keep you up-to-date with the latest news and revelations! Contact us to let us know that you’re interested, or bookmark our blog today.
More from Penske Chevrolet
The spacious and efficient new Chevrolet Equinox is here and it can help you take on nearly any Carmel adventure with ease. While there’s plenty to appreciate with the 2023 Chevrolet Equinox, you’ll quickly discover that not only is it comfortable and versatile but it also delivers an impressive amount of colors for you…
Is it time for a new SUV for your growing family or your cargo-hauling needs? We highly suggest the high-tech 2023 Chevy Tahoe. This SUV has it all, from modern technology and safety features to ample cargo space and fantastic towing capacity. Easily haul a small boat, cargo trailer, or camper behind you for…
The Chevy Suburban is mainly known for its size and spacing in Carmel, but it has additional secret superpowers, one being the Chevy Suburban tow capacity. Whether you need to transfer furniture across town or want to bring the camper to your next adventure, the Suburban can handle it. Learn more about the 2023 Chevy…