2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity tops out at 13,300 pounds. You’ll need to equip the 6.2L V8 engine on the RST trim level in order to reach this upper limit, but the truth is that any Silverado 1500 can be a suitable choice for hard-working drivers in Carmel! Find out exactly what we mean by exploring each of the available engine options below!
Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity Per Engine
No matter which new Silverado 1500 you drive home, you’ll find plenty to love about its performance and capability. Here’s how the engine lineup breaks down:
4.3L V6 Engine
- Up to 7,900 pounds of towing capacity
- 285 hp
- 305 lb-ft of torque (best-in-class)
2.7L Turbo Engine
- Up to 9,600 pounds of towing capacity
- 310 hp
- 348 lb-ft of torque
5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management
- Up to 11,500 pounds of towing capacity
- Up to 10,000 pounds of towing capacity when paired with Active Fuel Management
- 355 hp
- 383 lb-ft of torque
6.2L V8 Engine
- Up to 13,300 pounds of towing capacity
- 420 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel
- Up to 9,500 pounds of towing capacity
- 277 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
Many drivers compare the 2021 Ford F-150 vs. Chevy Silverado 1500 before making a decision, but it’s clear that the Chevy has plenty of power. Need a little bit more oomph? Check out our full lineup of Chevy trucks for sale and learn about the Chevy Silverado 2500 HD towing capacity today. Although the latest models are the strongest yet, our used Chevy trucks aren’t far behind.
Silverado Towing Features & Trailering Packages
A powerful engine is an essential feature for drivers who plan on towing heavy cargo, but it’s not the only thing a driver should look for when they’re picking out a truck at Penske Chevrolet! Two trailering packages are available:
- Trailering Package: This standard package is included on every Silverado 1500, so you can be sure that every model on our lot is ready to tow. It includes a trailering hitch platform with a 2-inch receiver, along with a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: If you want to reach the maximum Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity, you’ll need to equip the Max Trailering Package. Offered only on select trims, this package includes revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and all the features of the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package.
When all is said and done, you might also want to equip a few accessories! Towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks are perennially popular with Noblesville and Westfield drivers, since they make it easier to navigate on open roads and crowded job sites alike.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Payload Capacity
With a maximum payload capacity of 2,280 pounds, the Silverado 1500 is just as adept at hauling heavy cargo as it is at towing a trailer. Since the amount of weight you can carry in your truck bed will vary from trim to trim, make sure to review your owner’s manual carefully before loading up.
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is now offered with a Multi-Flex Tailgate that makes it easier than ever to load and unload cargo. Multiple bed sizes are available, so give us a call or use our vehicle finder service to find the model that’s just right for you.
Explore the Chevy Silverado at Penske Chevrolet
Penske Chevy has always been ahead of the curve! We’ll go the extra mile to help you conquer challenges with a new Silverado 1500 of your own, so don’t wait to get started. Step into our virtual showroom to find and purchase a new Chevy truck from home!
More From Penske Chevrolet
The new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is here and it’s ready to help you take on the toughest Carmel jobs. It features incredible durability and unbeatable comfort so you’ve got a comfortable truck you can count on day in and day out. But, how much is the Chevy Silverado 1500? The 2023 Chevy Silverado price starts…
When you want a capable, comfortable, and stylish SUV, there’s no better choice than the new Chevrolet Tahoe. It builds upon a legendary reputation for being a family-friendly SUV and offers even more for you to appreciate with its latest iteration. While the performance and design of the 2022 Chevy Tahoe are impressive, you’ll really…
The 2022 Chevy Equinox gets up to 26 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway, which makes it a strong choice in the highly competitive compact SUV segment. This year’s model is only offered with one engine, but it does give you a choice between front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive, and the…